One of the most common tips, to build the traffic on a blog, is to leave comments on others people blog.
I’m an old surfer and marketer. In my early years, the ‘Golden book’ was common on most of the personal web site online. I was leaving a nice little text about the site with a little invite to visit mine at the end. In that time, it was working with an average of 30% to 40% of people visiting my own web site from that text. Now, there’s less and less personal web site. Most people will go for a blog instead of a web site.
It’s mostly the same that we do with post. With the difference that we need to leave a comment related to the subject of the post. This means that you need to read and understand the post first. Then that you need to create a comment that is as good as you can. It takes times and energy to do so.
If I could give you an advice, don’t leave a comment that looks like “Great post”, “Interesting subject” or “I agree with you”. Doing so isn’t going to bring any new people to your blog. You need to create something good with your comment.
View your comment as a promo tool for your blog. It has to be as good as your blog. It also needs to be short. A comment with more than 10 lines will only be read by the author of the blog you wrote on. Yes, you want the author to read your comment, but you also want the visitor to that blog to read it.
Remember, when you leave a comment, it’s more than a comment; it’s an ad to yourself and your blog.
Writing is putting your naked mind in words.
You put yourself in front of others people opinion.
Some will be nice in their comment and others not.
Don’t focus on the aggressive people. Haters will hate.
“There is something to that old saying that hate injures the hater, not the hated.”
– Peace Pilgrim
Are you brave enough? Write and face the haters.
A lot of people think that writing is easy. Many have the idea to write something, but only a very small numbers do really write and publish.
Would you like to become a writer? Maybe you should start to write. Yes, start to write. This may seams very easy, but it’s not. Only when you are doing it every day that you can understand what it’s all about.
Is there a bad day to post?
This is an interesting question.
Myself, I think that it doesn’t matter. A good post is a good post. It will have an impact every day of the week.
I like to post on every Monday. It feels great to start a new week with a new post.
For the past 25 days, I posted every day. Here on “From mage mind” and on other blogs around the web.
Some are saying that Monday and Tuesday are the best day to post on your blog. In reality, a lot of people will read your post a week after you put it there. If your title is great and your post interesting, then people will read them as they see them.
The best readers are the ones who are following you. They will not read your post as you put them online, but most of them will come back later to take a look.
What do you think about that? Do you keep data on when you get the most response to your post?
A lot of blogger are posting daily. Some even post more than once a day.
Should you post daily?
Let’s talk about this.
- What is the main subject of your blog? If your blog is about something that can change daily, you could post daily. As an example: sport blog, Stardom blog, politic blog, shopping blog and so on. But if your blog is more about personal growth than you could limit your post to a few times a week. Remember that content is king. If you don’t have anything to post, don’t post.
- How many people do you have visiting your blog? If you start your blog, you should take the time to choose your subject and then start to post according to that subject. Its way better to post once a week a very good post then to post 7 ones that are bad. The more people you have on your blog, the more you’ll feel the pressure to post daily.
- Do you have a lot of bad days? A bad day is a day where you just can’t find the energy to create a new post. If you have a lot of bad days, than you should write as much as you can during your good ones and put the extra post on the side for the bad days. Doing so will help you keep a steady 3 to 4 post per week. It is very hard to post good stuff daily.
- If you don’t see how you could post 3 times a week, than you should not stress about posting daily.
Posting daily is for the expert. If you don’t have the experience to do so, then you should start with 3 post per week.
It could be a goal for you to find the energy and inspiration to post daily.
Each blogger build his or her style.
To me, the length of the post is not relevant. Because, my priority is the content. We can say a lot in less than 25 words.
Here’s my view of what is making a good post.
- Content: The priority should always be the content.
- Structure: The structure of the post is making it easy to read or not. One good advice: “If you want to know if your post is easy to read or not, read it aloud to yourself. If you can’t read it without bumping, then you should revise it.”
- True: The info in your post needs to be true for you. What does this means? It has to be from you. Never, ever, post a text from someone else. It has to come from you.
I think that a blogger should post a minimum of 3 post per week. But, its way better to publish one great post in a week than 7 bad ones.
Short post are great for people that don’t have a lot of time to spend reading.
Your post need to be interesting from the first line. If you don’t catch the reader on your first line, you will lose 90% of them.
I believe in the butterfly effect.
As small is my influence on the planet, it is still influence. I want to orient it for the good.
I write my post with the idea of bringing something good into this world.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
– Edmund Burke
I want my blog to be a good place. A place that you visit often and feel about doing it.
I want my blog to bring good energy so the readers will take action to make this world a better place.
I want my blog to be a guide for those who don’t know why they feel so bad about their life.
I want my blog to be there after I’ll be gone. I want people to come back to my blog and use it in a positive way.
“The greatest use of a life is to spend it on something that will outlast it.”
– William James
You choose to write as you like.
Think as if you were writing on a note pad after a day’s work. Will you write 10 pages or 1 pages?
I like to post short text. Most of them are more motivating then informative.
I like to write stuff that are hitting like a bang! Stuff that should not take more than 30 seconds to read. And from time to time, I write longue post that are more technique.
I see a lot of people posting long post that are quite boring to read. Put the good stuff in you post and don’t fill it up with boring things. If you have 10 lines of good stuff, then you should post 10 lines.