Be quick or be dead!
Do you remember that old time when the fastest gun was the best in the old west?
In our days, when you advertise online, it’s still “Be quick or be dead”.
If you compare with advertising on TV, the people online can choose to move out of the ad before it reach the end (on TV, they need to change the channel).
Online, if you want to make a sale, you need to be ultra-effective in less than 10 seconds (4 seconds on YouTube). If you’re not effective, then you get flushed for something that is more interesting.
How can you make an ad that will sell in less than 4 seconds?
- Be quick and to the point with your text. Less than 10 words should be your goal.
- Always use the “you” in your ad. Make it personal to the viewer.
- Use easy to read font and size.
- Ask a question. Using a question is one of the best way to catch the attention of a viewer.
- Give an option to get more info and open that info on a new page.
- Don’t over filled the ad with graphic. Make it simple to get the message in less than 4 seconds.
Online, if you want success, you need to be quick.